From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] evince doesn't display check-mark symbol
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 23:31:40
1 I have a pdf file that has a check-mark symbol in it. On one computer the evince is display the "check-mark". On my other computer the check mark is displayed as a "square box"
2
3 Both computer run save ver. of evince.
4
5 pdffonts Km_Ysa.pdf (shows same output on both computers):
6
7 name type encoding emb sub uni object ID
9 ZOTMNE+Verdana,Bold TrueType WinAnsi yes yes no 23 0
10 SEJYXC+Verdana TrueType WinAnsi yes yes no 24 0
11 WUNKEP+Verdana,Italic TrueType WinAnsi yes yes no 25 0
12 Verdana,Bold TrueType WinAnsi yes no no 2 0
13 Verdana TrueType WinAnsi yes no no 4 0
14 ZapfDingbats Type 1 ZapfDingbats no no no 60 0
15
16 It would seems I'm missing "ZapfDingbats" but both computers show same result "pdffonts Km_Ysa.pdf"
17 so why one display check-mark symbol correctly and the other one is missing the symbol, I only see a "square box"