From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time to move on?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:21:05
1 On 22 Mar 2009, at 22:07, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >>> ...
3 >>> 1) ntp-update problems at boot time.
4 >>
5 >> Hmm, I'm not having any ntp-update problems on my machines. Have
6 >> you
7 >> submitted a bug report or searched the bug database? Obviously this
8 >> isn't happening for everyone so if the right people don't know
9 >> about it
10 >> then you can't expect it to get fixed.
11 >
12 > There's something going on here but I haven't tried to debug it. It's
13 > more like ntp isn't finding servers. some machines work. Others don't.
14 > timeouts waiting to boot. I need to find out where server names are
15 > set and then see if there is a difference between all my machines.
16
17 Not sure if this helps:
18 http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-user-init-ntpd-ntp-client-ftopict476010.html
19