From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to unshare: EINVAL
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 10:03:23
1 On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:17:01 +0100 (CET) karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > Marc Joliet:
3 > > Am Mittwoch, 27. März 2019, 11:01:41 CET schrieb Hervé Guillemet:
4 > > > Le 26/03/2019 à 14:37, karl@××××××××.se a écrit :
5 > > > > I sometimes get:
6 > > > > Unable to unshare: EINVAL
7 > > > Your kernel is probably missing a features used by the new versions of
8 > > > portage. I'd say something like CONFIG_PID_NS from the General
9 > > > Setup/Namespaces support section.
10 >
11 > Ok, I see, I don't have that, thanks for the info.
12 >
13 > > > If you built your own kernel, try to activate this feature.
14 > > If you use gentoo-sources, the option GENTOO_LINUX_PORTAGE ("Gentoo Linux" ->
15 > > "Gentoo Linux Support" -> "Select options required by Portage features") will
16 > > automatically select them.
17 >
18 > emerge-ing seems work, can't I just ignore the message (I don't need
19 > that namespace elsewhere in the system) ?
20
21 It provides extra isolation features. If you are sure you don't need
22 that, ignore it.
23
24 Best regards,
25 Andrew Savchenko