From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Net problems
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 03:45:50
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem with some kind of a lokal net connection (ethernet
4 over USB):
5
6 Current handling is as follows:
7 I boot my Gentoo-Linux PC, which connects to my Fritz!Box, collect
8 EMail etc...works fine so far.
9 Then I connect an embedded system (Arietta G25
10 www.acmesystems.it/arietta) to the usb port and wait until this
11 little thing has booted.
12 On my Linux PC I do the following then (as root):
13
14 ifconfig usb0 192.168.10.1 up
15 echo 1 >! /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
16 iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -j ACCEPT
17 modprobe ip_tables
18 modprobe ip_conntrack
19 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
20 ssh -t root@ariettaa abduco -A root
21
22 (I real life I have two Ariettas which I connect to the
23 PC the same time with two different IP-addresses and two
24 different USB-ports)
25
26 This connects me finally to the Arietta, which do ethernet over USB.
27 I put the commands into a script, so not too much hassle here.
28
29 But!
30 On the Arietta I also installed Gentoo. An update, especially
31 when it includes gcc can take up to three days (I tried
32 crosscompilation and some other construction and I am currently
33 most happiest (sounds a litte too much like 'german english'...;)
34 with this).
35 So I first fetch all needed files and then restart the update
36 and detach from the terminal.
37
38 Now the problem:
39 When I shutdown the PC, which needs not to run all the time, and
40 restart it later again I am no longer able to connect to the Arietta
41 with the steps described above. All needed modules are loaded while
42 booting the PC and ifplugd is installed on the Arietta.
43
44 Unfortunately I have not found any differences of the USB interface,
45 which would make it possible to handle the Ariettas via udev.
46
47 How can I make a reconnect after rebooting my PC possible every time?
48
49 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
50 Best regards,
51 Meino