From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another "headless device"-question: In search of the LAN
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:43:37
1 On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:39:06 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > > > [I] sys-apps/ifplugd
4 > > > Available versions:
5 > > > 0.28-r9 [doc selinux]
6 > > > Installed versions: 0.28-r9(11:14:57 12/18/10)(-doc)
7 > > > Homepage:
8 > > > http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/ Description:
9 > > > Brings up/down ethernet ports automatically with cable detection
10
11 > > and another alternative would be sys-apps/netplug
12
13 > WHOW! That all sounds much more easier than I have dreamt of!
14 > I did not thought, that such software exists already -- and therefore
15 > did not search for it...
16
17 If you use openrc, you only need to install one of these programs, not
18 configure or set it to run. OpenRC detects that one of these programs is
19 available and uses it to do exactly what you need.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 We are upping our standards - so up yours.