From: Xianwen Chen <xianwen.chen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network message encryption
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:56:47
1 Hi Saphirus,
2
3 On 8/17/09, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Well, for instant messengers, most do support some form of encryption,
6 > such that Empathy, Pidgin or any other client which can handle MSN must
7 > use encryption, as everything is sent over SSL. But, in general, I would
8 > suggest Pidgin, as via a plugin, it can be used in combination with OTR
9 > (Off-The-Record) which uses public-key encryption between clients, and
10 > ontop of that, there's even a plugin for pidgin which uses RSA instead,
11 > which I've found to be buggy, but is certainly a bit stronger in the
12 > cryptographic sense.
16 Thanks very much for the information. I'm emerged pidgin-otr, and it
17 works well! I didn't go for the RSA plugin, since it was buggy, and
18 OTR is enough for me.
19
20 Best regards,
21