From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rhythmbox plays music too fast (oss problem?)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:55:24
1 I recently emerged Rhythmbox to give it a shot, and I've found that it
2 plays all my music noticably fast, so that the pitch is altered
3 noticably. Audacious did this for a while, and I fixed it by changing
4 its output plugin from oss to alsa; my guess is that's the problem
5 with rhythmbox, but I can't seem to change that setting.
6
7 Here's what I've done:
8
9 gnome System Menu -> Preferences -> Multimedia Systems selector,
10 changed everything to Alsa from Autodetect
11
12 gconf-editor:
13 /system/gstreamer/[0.10|0.8]/default/(keys that reference OSS changed
14 to alsa equivalents)
15
16 Added "-oss" to use flags, ran emerge -uDavN world, which did pick up
17 several gstreamer packages. However, gst-plugins-oss remains, and
18 gst-plugins-base still wants the oss plugin.
19
20 Any thoughts? None of the other media players I have do this (i.e.
21 mplayer, Totem, Audacious) except for what I mentioned above re.
22 Audacious. So it's hardly a major problem, but I just can't leave
23 something un-fixed.... :)
26 Ryan W Sims
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list