From: Steve B <linuxcodehacker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:38:45
1 WTF.. I'm getting ready to rebuild my gentoo box. I have always did a stage
2 1 install. i was under the impression that if u used a stage 3 u couldn't
3 muck with your CFLAGS or what not. If I'm forced to use canned binaries I
4 might as well go with FC or Debian.. I've never listened to the "Gentoo is
5 dead" comments.. but now who knows.. this is just crazy.. who came up with
6 this stupid idea? from the sounds of it certianly not the Gentoo Community!