From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE plasma pager layout indicator
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:48:22
1 Am 16.07.2014 09:07, schrieb Dale:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I use KDE's plasma pager. It gives a nice MacOS-like grid layout that
4 >> pops up when switching virtual desktops. Trouble is, the thing doesn't
5 >> enable itself when starting KDE, I have to do that manually:
6 >>
7 >> right click pager in panel -> pager settings -> Virtual desktops ->
8 >> Switching -> Show desktop layout indicators
9 >>
10 >> disable and re-enable it brings the popup back. It's now getting
11 >> annoying, and things like .xsesssion-errors are devoid of useful info on
12 >> the matter. Tips anyone?
13 >>
14 >> Note this is the virtual desktop layout popup, it shows up in the middle
15 >> of the screen. It's not the keyboard layout widget in the panel.
18 > I have noticed something else odd as well. I use folder layout, like
19 > KDE3 had, for my KDE desktop setup. When I login to KDE, I have to
20 > switch to some other layout then switch back to folder to get my icons
21 > to show up. Once in a blue moon, it works as it should but most of the
22 > time, I have to go through this to get it to look like I have it set to
23 > look.
24 >
25 > It's a different issue but could have a common cause. It seems some
26 > setting/config doesn't get stored properly. Then when we login, we have
27 > to undo/redo to get it to work.
28 >
29 > I have been putting up with my issue for about a year or so. I haven't
30 > done any research as to bug reports etc because I'm not real sure what
31 > to look for.
32 >
33 > Could be totally different, could be related. Just thought it worth
34 > adding to the pot. ;-)
35 >
36 > Dale
37 >
42 easiest way to test: new user. Copy over config files until problem occurs.