From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sense code: driver or disc at fault?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:26:45
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I keep on getting sense error 2/30/05 when trying to burn the livecd
3 > on my new dvd burner, and I've tried with various discs. Is the burner
4 > at fault? Google isn't of much help.
5
6 That code means:
7 CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM . INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT
8
9 Usually I think it means you're trying to burn DVD+R in a drive that
10 does only DVD-R or something like that. But if you tried various
11 different kinds of discs then maybe your burner is going bad? Does it
12 happen only with the gentoo image or did you try burning anything
13 else?
14
15 You'll probably need to post more details, what software you're using
16 to burn, your burner info, full log/output. Then maybe someone can
17 figure out what's going on.