From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Forwarding bug in kernel 3.14.1 and 3.14.2
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 00:28:17
1 On 05/05/2014 06:58 AM, Timur Aydin wrote:
2 >
3 > I finally found a bug report that explains the symtom:
4 >
5 > http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg280571.html
6 >
7 > I then downgraded the kernel to 3.13.11, which fixed the problem. So,
8 > all of you guys using your Gentoo PC as your internet gateway, keep
9 > 3.13.11 around for a while.
12 Thanks for the warning. You should file a Gentoo bug for this -- the
13 maintainers take the open bugs into consideration when stabilizing
14 things, so an open bug report for something this critical might prevent
15 the 3.14.x series from going stable for a while.
16
17 Not that you shouldn't post it here as well, I've personally been saved
18 from disaster twice by posts like these.