From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rasp-Pi-4 Gentoo servers
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 11:45:34
1 On Friday, 28 February 2020 11:04:43 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 28/02/20 05:07, james wrote:
3 > > For data storage, long term important stuff, you should employ RAID
4 > > (1-10). We can get into that later, duplication of important data, via
5 > > backups or extra storage is a good idea too. Backups are an old
6 > > technology, but may help, but backups do can get old too and fragmented.
7 > > For now, lets not worry so much about long term bit integrity, but focus
8 > > on your next FUN gentoo rig. I'm hoping other join in to so you have
9 > > more than my prospective on your solution.
10 >
11 > https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid
12 >
13 > Sorry for the plug, I edit the site. Brickbats/bouquets welcome :-)
14 >
15 > Cheers,
16 > Wol
17
18 Thanks for sharing page Wol!
19
20 I tried this page from the links at the bottom and ended up in a 404 error:
21
22 http://www.runmapglobal.com/blog/fault-tolerant-dedicated-servers/