From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xrdb woes
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:12:38
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been fighting this problem for some weeks now. It seem that xrdb lauches
4 after a (KDE) login session is initiated on a portable. None of my other
5 Gentoo/KDE machines exhibit this problem. While the 'peripherals' icon
6 is flashing the login hangs. I ssh into the machine remotely, and kill off the
7 xrdb process:
8 'xrdb -quiet -merge /tmp/kde-james/kcminit6pdVqc.tmp'
9
10 After that the loging session completes and everything seems to be fine.
11 I cannot find a 'Xdefaults' file anywhere on the system, so maybe that's the
12 problem? Both xorg and kde-base have been re-compiled.
13
14 Any ideas on how to track this down ths problem are appreciated.
15 xrdb is not even installed.....
18 James
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list