From: Francesco Turco <fturco@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using an old kernel .config as the basis for a new .config
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 20:24:59
1 On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, at 20:52, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > There is some way of initialising a new kernel .config from an existing
3 > one, I am sure, but I can't find it. I've looked at the Gentoo wiki,
4 > I've looked at (some of) the kernel's own documentation. The nearest I
5 > can find is make oldconfig, which supposedly does what I want, but it
6 > just seems to start off with a default .config and go through the
7 > hundreds of questions one at a time.
8
9 What about: make olddefconfig
10 ?