From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo from a floppy and then chroot to finish install on old PC
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 20:19:07
1 Hi - I've got an old PC at home I want to use as a samba server. It
2 doesn't have a CD drive and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how
3 to create bootable gentoo floppy. I've been using Toms linux to wget and
4 re-install the stage and portage files but the kernel is to old and
5 fails on chroot.
6
7 Apart from the obvious comment to buy a CD drive ... Is there anyone out
8 there that has Gentoo 2.6 kernel that will boot of a floppy and can tell
9 me how to do it? The only other command I would need to perform would be
10 chroot.
11
12 Thanks, Richard
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list