From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dumb `lspci -F` question...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 04:45:38
1 Reading the lspci manpage I can across an interesting & potentially
2 useful flag:
3
4 -F <file>
5 Extract all information from given file containing
6 output of
7 lspci -x. This is very useful for analysis of
8 user-supplied bug
9 reports, because you can display the hardware
10 configuration in
11 any way you want without disturbing the user with
12 requests for
13 more dumps.
14
15 Can anyone explain to me how to use this, please? Try as I might I
16 don't seem to be getting it right.
17
18 I would have thought that the correct way to handle this would be:
19 $ lspci -x > foo.txt
20
21 But the results I get are not helpful:
22
23 $ lspci -F foo.txt
24 $ lspci -F foo.txt -vv
25 $ lspci -F foo.txt -vvv
26 $ lspci -F foo.txt -vt
27 -[00]-
28 $ lspci -F foo.txt -t
29 -[00]-
30
31 I have tried this on a couple of machines. The output produced by
32 `lspci -x` _looks_ reasonable - I've attached foo.txt.
33
34 Stroller.

foo.txt text/plain