From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: finding qt plugins?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:03:57
1 On 06/29/2009 08:21 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Roy Wright wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> On ~x86 did the upgrade to qt 4.5.2 and get the following message:
6 >>
7 >> "After a rebuild or upgrade of Qt, it can happen that Qt plugins (such
8 >> as Qt
9 >> and KDE styles and widgets) can no longer be loaded. In this situation
10 >> you
11 >> should recompile the packages providing these plugins...
12 >>
13 >> "Packages that typically need to be recompiled are kdelibs from KDE4, any
14 >> additional KDE4/Qt4 styles, qscintilla and PyQt4..."
15 >>
16 >> Then followed the link on the plugins which stated:
17 >>
18 >> "The Qt library and all plugins are built using a build key. The build
19 >> key in the Qt library is examined against the build key in the plugin,
20 >> and if they match, the plugin is loaded. If the build keys do not
21 >> match, then the Qt library refuses to load the plugin."
22 >>
23 >> So how do I find all the installed qt plugins on my system and check
24 >> their build keys?
25 >
26 > I saw the same message on qt-4.5.1 and I just ran revdep-rebuild -i and
27 > it said all was fine.
28
29 revdep-rebuild only resolves link-time errors, not runtime errors. You
30 need to observe yourself if something is broken and then rebuild it
31 manually; revdep-rebuild ain't gonna help in this case.