From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage-utils reinitialization - do I need it?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:51:35
1 This came up today when I updated portage-utils:
2
3 * Messages for package app-portage/portage-utils-0.8:
4
5 * /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize has been installed for convenience
6 * If you wish for it to be automatically run at the end of every --sync:
7 * # chmod +x /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize
8
9 I'm not really sure if I need to be running this script after I resync:
10
11 #!/bin/sh
12 [ -x /usr/bin/q ] && /usr/bin/q -r ${PORTAGE_QUIET:+-q}
13
14 which from the man page of q tells me that it will "reinitialize ebuild
15 cache". Do I need this if I already use eix? Doesn't eix manage all portage
16 databases?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick