From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can not print pdf w/e-document viewer
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:37:45
1 On 01/25/13 01:33, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 >I haven't printed anything in a long time, but:
4 >
5 >CUPS drivers make all the difference. I used to pretty much get
6 >pathetic results using whatever was TheOfficialDriverOfTheDay for a
7 >given printer, and would get amazingly successful results using good
8 >old vanilla postscript or Generic PCL5/6 drivers. Go figure.
9 >
10 >There was a time the company went through just about every printer
11 >manufacturer in the business in 6 months trying to find a printer that
12 >actually worked (for sane values of work). In each case the official
13 >CUPS driver simply would not offer double-sided or shrink 2 pages onto 1
14 >mode for *ANY* model. Postscript and generic PCL always worked every
15 >single time.
16 >
17 >/me baffled
20 >--
21 >Alan McKinnon
22 >alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
23
24 I couldn't agree more. I think all those Linux programs have problem printing if one tries to print few pages in landscape mode on a single sheet of pager.
25
26 For me this command line did the job:
27 lpr -o media=Letter -o landscape -o number-up=4 -o number-up-layout=btlr filename
30 Joseph