From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:33:21
1 On Wednesday 06 Jul 2011 12:38:22 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:37:54 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > > It produces false positives and you need to look at the output for
4 > > > each affected package, but do you know a better way of detecting
5 > > > corruption of installed files?
6 > >
7 > > I wasn't familiar with qcheck (yes, I know, I lead a sheltered life!)
8 > > but adding --verbose does not reveal additional info. When you say
9 > > "look at the output", do you mean the output of emerge -1aDv <package> ?
10 >
11 > The -B option restricts the output to just the names of packages with
12 > changed files. If you feed this list back to qcheck with just the -T
13 > option, you'll get a list of affected files.
14 >
15 > qcheck -aBT >foo
16 > qcheck -T $(cat foo)
17 >
18 > You may want to pipe the output from the second through grep -v /etc/
19
20 Very useful Neil, thanks! Most of these files had lockfiles hanging around,
21 or some changed config file.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick