From: Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uwe Thiem
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:46:11
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:53:35 +0200
3 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list
6 >> longer than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up
7 >> a little tribute here:
8 >>
9 >> http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2574
10 >>
11 >> What that page doesn't say is how much Uwe loved gentoo. A long-time
12 >> subscriber around here, his posts must number in the 100s if not
13 >> 1000s. I'm gonna miss him, even though he lived only 1000km away (a
14 >> trivial distance in Africa) I never did get to collect that pitcher
15 >> of Namibia's finest he owed me. I guess now I never will.
16 >
17 > Terrible news :(
18 >
19 > May he rest in peace.
20
21 Sad, sad news. I hardly knew him, but I did know of him through his posts. He
22 has many mourning his passing. A testament to how close our community is.
23
24 I echo the sentiment, may he rest in peace.
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list