From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EMERGE USE PHP additional options problem
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:22:56
1 Pablo Murillo wrote:
2 > If I USE -mysql the PHP won't have support for mysql ?
3
4 Ideally you want nice defaults in your /etc/make.conf that you would not
5 being built into any package. Things like unicode ssl bzip2 apache2 and
6 so on depending on your server. I have mysql in mine, but I pull it out
7 per package for things like the name server where is does not need to be.
8
9 I would then specify on a per package basis databases and one off things
10 like fam, sasl, etc in your /etc/portage/package.use
11
12 Here is part of mine.
13 www01 ~ # cat /etc/portage/package.use
14 # Added urandom to make Apache start faster
15 dev-libs/apr urandom
16 # Specify no threads for Apache
17 www-servers/apache -threads mpm-prefork
18
19 # Network Daemons
20 net-dns/bind -mysql
21 net-mail/courier-imap fam gdbm -berkdb
22 dev-libs/cyrus-sasl -berkdb -mysql authdaemond urandom
23 www-servers/lighttpd fam -mysql -ssl
24 mail-mta/postfix mysql ssl sasl vda
25
26 # PHP
27 dev-lang/php -threads bcmath berkdb cli crypt ctype curl exif
28 gd gdbm hash iconv imap mhash mysql mysqli ncurses nls pcre readline
29 session simplexml snmp sockets spell spl ssl suhosin truetype xml xmlrpc
30 zlib
31
32 kashani
33 --