From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debugging an ebuild
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:15:50
1 On Sunday 30 April 2006 14:44, David Corbin wrote:
2 > I would like to debug an ebuild that is not working for me. I've
3 > googled and not found anything terrible useful. Can anyone point me
4 > at a HOWTO or some such?
5 >
6 > When I tried to 'ebuild' a copy the ebuild outside of the
7 > /usr/protage directory, it complains that it "is not in a valid
8 > PORTDIR heirarchy". Is there a way to run do this?
9 >
10 > If I hack in some additional statements, ebuild fails with the
11 > 'digest verification'. Again, any pointers around this type of
12 > problem would be helpful.
13
14 You better create an overlay to portage, see for example:
15 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds
16
17 See also ebuild man page:
18 man -a ebuild
19
20 ciao
21 Francesco
22 --
23 Linux Version 2.6.16-gentoo-r4, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Wed Apr 26 06:59:58
25 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2007.31 Bogomips Total
26 aemaeth
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list