From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with emerge depclean after world update
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:45:23
1 On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:36:10 -0400,
2 Wol wrote:
3 >
4 > On 30/09/2022 20:05, Arve Barsnes wrote:
5 > > Probably a temporary problem. app-misc/tracker-miners requires a
6 > > version of app-text/poppler with subslot 123, but only ones with
7 > > subslot 122 and 124 currently exists in tree (as of my tree synced
8 > > within the last 24 hours). I'm sure that'll resolve itself at some
9 > > point one way or another.
10 >
11 > Hmm ...
12 >
13 > I've noticed that --depclean hardly seems to be cleaning anything
14 > out now. Despite regular emerge updates. I do an emerge update
15 > world every week, followed immediately by a depclean, but it's
16 > probably cleaned maybe one or two packages in the last month?
17 > Despite updating loads? Is that normal?
18 >
19 > (Although I've not had any problems with depclean that a --bdeps
20 > didn't resolve)
21
22 Thank goodness for small favors from portage! I think more
23 dependencies are brought in automatically.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici wb2una