From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way forward?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 04:16:22
1 On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 21:20:05 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2/24/21 6:48 PM, John Covici wrote:
5 > > What you could try to do, if you are syncing using git, is to
6 > > roll it back to those dates by checking out a commit each time
7 > > and doing an update. I don't guarantee it would work, but its
8 > > worth a shot, otherwise reinstall time.
9 >
10 > I hit send too soon.
11 >
12 > Thank you for the reply John.
15 The portdir has to be the one gotten from git, not rsync, and remember
16 I think there was a major profile change during that time period
17 along with changes in the C compiler. Unless you have a lot of
18 customizations, reinstall would be much better.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici wb2una