From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with dracut
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 13:49:01
1 On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:19:42 -0500,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:39 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Hi. I am having problems running dracut 0.51-r2 and 0.50-r2. The
7 > > problem is that I have two install_items lines like this
8 > > install_items+= /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
9 > > install_items+= /etc/systemd/system/initrd-switch-root.service
12 > I'd keep the two separate lines and add --debug to the command line
13 > (and anything else verbosity-related, consider strace if that doesn't
14 > give you clues). Your issue is with generation and not boot (right
15 > now), so just focus on the actual build process.
16 >
17 > Haven't seen this issue and will take a look as I run dracut+zfs, but
18 > any debugging output you can get out of this will probably help.
21 I got private mail from someone -- I also posted to the initramfs
22 mailing list, and he suggested to do --install followed by the string
23 from the command line and dracut took it! Have not tried to reboot
24 with that kernel yet, but I thought I'd put this out in case someone
25 else runs into this.
28 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
29 How do
30 you spend it?
31
32 John Covici wb2una