From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: my xorg-server 1.6 seems a bit unstable - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 02:51:55
1 > Have you `emerge -e world` yet?
2 >
3 > Stroller.
4
5 I have that going now. I offloaded OpenOffice to shorten the duration
6 of the rebuild, and I don't have KDE or Gnome - just fluxbox. So it
7 should finish by sometime tomorrow, probably. There are 604 packages
8 total. Instead of trying to rebuild X-related stuff in parts, I
9 should have just done that from the beginning.
10
11 Dale - thanks for the advices also. That's the route I thought about
12 taking. Doing 'emerge -e world' first seems like a reasonable thing
13 to do. It could be that whatever is causing this cannot be resolved
14 by a simple rebuild. Whatever went into the lib-xcb upgrade probably
15 is either incompatible with the Mathematica frontend or has a bug
16 that's being exploited in this situation. Keeping my fingers crossed
17 for the rebuild for now. :-)
18
19 -Denis