From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iMON remote, evdev, X and Kodi stopped working
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 22:21:54
1 On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Sometime in autumn I had a similar symptom with a (non-gentoo) box running
6 > kodi here. I had to reprogram the IR remote control handset, but wouldn't
7 > know how to go about it with yours ...
8 > --
9 > Regards,
10 > Mick
13 Interesting. After checking out /var/log/emerge.log I'm now confident that
14 the remote was working after I upgraded to xf86-input-evdev to 2.10.5,
15 since that happened in March (shortly after it went stable) and I upgraded
16 nvidia-drivers in October when I changed out the video card and I'm
17 positive I tested Kodi with the new card and everything worked. I did do a
18 "emerge -e @world" update to profile 17.0 in early December and that could
19 have corresponded with the start of the problem, although I think I
20 remember testing it and everything working.
23 Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
24 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
25 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft