From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: usb printer disappears on cups upgrade
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:48:18
1 On 08/04/2013 09:37 PM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 03.08.2013 04:23, schrieb William Kenworthy:
3 >
4 >> Using cups <=1.5.2-r4 I can print ... upgrade to 1.6.2-r* and cups cant
5 >> see the usb printer. The only errors in the cups log are to do with
6 >> systemd service files which I masked a couple of days ago - the usb
7 >> problem was happening before though.
8 >
9 > I have exactly the same issue with my Epson Stylus SX218 printer
10 > connected via USB.
11 >
12 > I tried everything to get it to print with cups 1.6 but no success. At
13 > the moment to print I start a Windows VM (Windows inside the VM sees and
14 > installs the printer without problem) and connect to the shared printer
15 > with cups.
16
17 I've had some strange problems occasionally when I upgrade cups, and often
18 the problems have been fixed by deleting/reinstalling the printers using
19 the cups html interface (on localhost:631).