From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encripting /home
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:35:42
1 Richard Fish schrieb:
2
3 > So dm-crypt today provides the same level of security as loop-AES in
4 > single key mode, which as I already stated in a previous email, should
5 > be sufficient for most people. However, you did ask how it was
6 > insecure! :-)
7
8 Yep, I did ask and I wish to thank you for your explanation!
9
10 If I understood you right, the statement that dm-crypt is insecure
11 is, as far as the usage pattern of most of the users will go, nothing
12 but FUD. The statement should at least go like "dm-crypt & loop-AES
13 are all insecure, if used in default mode".
14
15 Thanks!
16
17 Alexander Skwar
18 --
19 You know you're using the computer too much when:
20 u hand in assignments with u and y instead ot you and why
21 -- DEaigo
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list