From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 01:25:19
1 On 5/29/07, Tim Allinghan <deserted@×××××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > Last thing before I hop off each night, emerge --sync followed by a -pv
4 > -uDN world, if I'm happy I fire it up and head to bed :)
5
6 I'm sure that makes for particularly sweet dreams ;-)
7
8 One thing I've wondered about... When you update X or nvidia drivers,
9 do you need to kill X before running emerge?
10
11 I usually dread kernel updates because then I have to go through
12 kernel menuconfig all over again, and for me, that takes some time. I
13 guess one can reuse the old .config file, but I understand it's not
14 always a safe thing to do. Is it reasonably ok to wait for every
15 "major" 2.6.x release to update, or is it necessary to update on every
16 minor 2.6.x.y release also?
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list