From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chrony logrotate script EOF error
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:02:17
1 On Sunday 22 August 2010 17:50:02 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 18:44 on Sunday 22 August 2010, Mick did
3 > opine
4 >
5 > thusly:
6 > > > No, it's saying it wants EOF on a line all by itself with no leading
7 > > > whitespace. That thing that looks like a backtick is an open quote.
8 > >
9 > > Hmm ... so what should the corrected logrotate script look like then?
10 > >
11 > > cat <<
12 > >
13 > > EOF
14 > >
15 > > | /usr/bin/chronyc | sed '/^200 OK$/d'
16 > >
17 > > password $PASSWORD
18 > > cyclelogs
19 > > EOF
20 > >
21 > > endscript
22 > > }
23 >
24 > Change the other EOF instead.
25 >
26 > It's a "here document", search for that phrase in man bash to find out
27 > more. It tells bash what will cause input redirection from stdin to end.
28 > The first EOF is the string to look for, the second one is the trigger
29 > that ends input
30
31 Thanks Alan, I think I got it now. :-)
32 --
33 Regards,
34 Mick