From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] having a real mta + virtual one (ie postfix & nbsmtp)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:15:16
1 I don't understand why you would need to do this? If you need a MTA and a
2 MUA, why would you bother with a MUA? All of what a MUA can do is in the
3 MTA - postfix....
4
5 On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Covington, Chris wrote:
6
7 > Hi all,
8 >
9 > I'd like to have both nbsmtp and postfix, so that I can run an MTA and
10 > use an MUA independently of each other. Although the two can co-exist
11 > peacefully, the combo seems to upset portage:
12 >
13 > videodrome ccovington # emerge -pvDu world
14 >
15 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
16 >
17 > Calculating world dependencies ...done!
18 > [blocks B ] mail-mta/nbsmtp (is blocking mail-mta/postfix-2.2.5)
19 >
20 > Is there something I can do?
23 > ---
24 > Chris Covington