From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cairo XCB
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:39:03
1 I have seen messages similar to these:
2
3 * Messages for package x11-libs/cairo-1.8.10:
4
5 * You have enabled the Cairo XCB backend which is used only by
6 * a select few apps. The Cairo XCB backend is presently
7 * un-maintained and needs a lot of work to get it caught up
8 * to the Xrender and Xlib backends, which are the backends used
9 * by most applications. See:
10 * http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2008-December/004139.html
11 >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
12
13 I noticed that:
14
15 $ euse -i xcb
16 global use flags (searching: xcb)
17 ************************************************************
18 [+ D ] xcb - Support the X C-language Binding, a replacement for Xlib
19
20 local use flags (searching: xcb)
22 no matching entries found
23
24 which means that it's the default. What should I do with it, wait until the
25 default profile gets rid of it, or do something different?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick