From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QA notices during font install
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 05:57:13
1 On 10/02/2015 00:03, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I've been itching for an excuse to do a re-install on my desktop.
3 > The original install some years ago was 32-bit because, back then,
4 > a few programs were not available in 64-bit mode. Right after an
5 > upgrade on Friday, Flash entirely stopped working on my machine. No
6 > Youtube, no internet radio, no NHL GameCentre Live. After wasting a few
7 > hours trying to get Flash working, I decided it was time for a total
8 > re-install. I'm now going to 64-bit no-multilib.
9 >
10 > Anyways, during the course of installing fonts for X, several of them
11 > came up with the following notice. Is it a problem, or can I ignore it?
12 >
13 > * QA Notice: Unrecognized configure options:
14 > *
15 > * --disable-iso8859-2
16 > * --disable-iso8859-3
17 > * --disable-iso8859-4
18 > * --disable-iso8859-5
19 > * --disable-iso8859-6
20 > * --disable-iso8859-7
21 > * --disable-iso8859-8
22 > * --disable-iso8859-9
23 > * --disable-iso8859-10
24 > * --disable-iso8859-11
25 > * --disable-iso8859-12
26 > * --disable-iso8859-13
27 > * --disable-iso8859-14
28 > * --disable-iso8859-15
29 > * --disable-iso8859-16
30 > * --disable-jisx0201
31 > * --disable-koi8-r
32 > * --disable-iso8859-2
33 > * --disable-iso8859-3
34 > * --disable-iso8859-4
35 > * --disable-iso8859-5
36 > * --disable-iso8859-6
37 > * --disable-iso8859-7
38 > * --disable-iso8859-8
39 > * --disable-iso8859-9
40 > * --disable-iso8859-10
41 > * --disable-iso8859-11
42 > * --disable-iso8859-12
43 > * --disable-iso8859-13
44 > * --disable-iso8859-14
45 > * --disable-iso8859-15
46 > * --disable-iso8859-16
47 > * --disable-jisx0201
48 > * --disable-koi8-r
51 I haven't looked at the ebuilds, but I imagine they are safe to ignore.
52
53 All those options will enable character sets for European languages
54 using the latin alphabet (usually accented vowels and so forth). The
55 fonts you are installing don't have those character sets, so the option
56 should not have been enabled at all.
57
58 It looks like the ebuild is likely using a template configure step that
59 tries everything
63 Alan McKinnon
64 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com