From: "C.Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Messages on boot
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:38:38
1 Hi All,
2
3 The first time I did a hard drive boot into Gentoon, I noticed two
4 messages as follows:
5
6 One said the make sure that the host name in /etc was set to a valid
7 host name.
8
9 Well, in /etc, I have a file named hosts and when I look at that, it
10 says that the host is localhost with the ip address of 127.0.0.1, which
11 is correct for local host. Should there be another host name in there?
12
13 Second, I got the message 'cardmgr failed to start. Make sure you have
14 PCMCIA modules built or support compiled into kernel'
15
16 I thought I had done 'do pcmcia' at somepoint in the process, but maybe
17 I didn't. Can I do this after the fact? If so, exactly what do I have
18 to do?
19
20 Thanks in advance for the assistance. :-)
21
22 Regards,
23
24 Colleen