From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 22:15:37
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:18:30 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Once Yakuake is running, F12 will open it in whichever virtual
5 >>> desktop you happen to be and you can continue your work in the
6 >>> terminal within that desktop. I'm not sure what other benefits it
7 >>> has.
8 >> I think since I always have Konsole open and ready, it is easier for me
9 >> to use it.
10 > The key point there is that it opens on the desktop you are using, so if
11 > you need to refer to the program you are currently using, you have both
12 > terminal and program together - that's where I find it useful.
17 I can see where that can be handy.  For me, once I start my video moves,
18 I just have to type on the first one then after that, I just highlight
19 and paste the parts that are the same and use tab completion for the
20 rest.  It goes pretty fast from there.  The other thing, because of how
21 I have Konsole set up, it wants to run as root instead of user.  I don't
22 want to change that so I sort of changed things that make it
23 incompatible for me so it is faster to just go to Konsole.
24
25 Good idea for most tho.  I'm just a odd ball.  lol
26
27 Dale
28