From: Wayne Oliver <wayne.oliver@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] The next step in AV
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:37:20
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Grant [mailto:emailgrant@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 02 April 2007 05:50
4 > To: Gentoo mailing list
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] The next step in AV
6 >
7 > I currently have an HDTV hooked up to a desktop computer running
8 > Gentoo and xfce4, all controlled by a wireless keyboard/mouse from the
9 > couch. It's awesome. However, I think the next step is to control
10 > everything from a laptop on the couch. There would be a normal xfce4
11 > desktop on the laptop, but you could issue certain commands to have
12 > video or audio played through the desktop connected to the TV across
13 > the room.
14 >
15 > How would you set this up? Maybe the actual xfce4 session is being
16 > run on the desktop and the laptop uses VNC or NX to control that
17 > session? Is there a way to have certain audio or video launched on
18 > the laptop via VNC or NX, but outputted by the desktop?
19 >
20 > - Grant
21
22 Short answer - yes :-)