From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:40:31
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:03 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm thinking of something tho. Btrfs. While I have a new drive with no
4 >> file system on it, it's a good time to think on switching from LVM.
5 >> Hmmmmmmm. I'm currently on gentoo-sources 3.14.
6 > I think btrfs is usable, but not without its problems. I don't think
7 > I'd run it without a daily backup onto something that doesn't run
8 > btrfs. I'm running btrfs in raid1 configuration, and I've only
9 > restored from the backup once, though if I didn't have it I probably
10 > could have still recovered (ENOSPC issue - the usual solutions weren't
11 > working). Earlier this week I was having lockup issues (I tried to
12 > re-enable snapper and deleting a few snapshots at once caused it to
13 > stop syncing, and then for several days any kind of heavy write
14 > activity would cause the issue to repeat, which I suspect was the
15 > result of delayed cleanup).
16 >
17 > Rich
21 Well, I really don't have enough time to read up and get to know the
22 commands and such either. I guess I better stick with LVM, for now at
23 least. When I get another drive, I could always switch then and maybe
24 it will be more stable then as well. Maybe.
25
26 Thanks for sharing the info.
27
28 Dale