From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:02:02
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > I wrote that the *thread* - digressing from useful discussion about
4 > software tools and into religion - was pissing me off.
5
6 This is why I tried not to answer your first question. I know that this usually
7 happens and try to avoid it.
10 > I asked because I wanted to hear your point of view and your reason
11 > (for changing license to CDDL). This is not very obvious when
12 > searching the web, and the reason given on your website (which I only
13 > found after asking the question) is somewhat vague.
14 >
15 > Why is the CDDL "more free" and why do you particularly like it?
16
17 Well, the information is in the cdrtools FAQ and parts are in the Sun CDDL FAQ.
20 > When I searched the web I rather expected to find loads of mailing-
21 > list posts, blog entries and other articles and that half of them
22 > would announce what a rotter you are, the other half how poor old
23 > Joerg has been stitched up. But it is NOT so obvious from Googling.
24
25 Charity is what you get for free, enviousness is something you need to earn ;-)
26
27 You get this kind of enemies if you get a certain degree of familarity.
30 > As I told you already I might quite aggressively support your
31 > software if you would just make the effort to convince me. No one
32 > else on this list mistook my question for antagonism. I deliberately
33 > tried to be polite and tactful when asking you, and it did me no good
34 > at all! Frankly, therefore, I can see why everyone is "against you"
35 > if you insist on misconstruing an innocent question as an attack. If
36 > my example is anything to go by then I can only assume that the whole
37 > Debian and Bloch fiasco is the result of your own over-reaction
38 > (sorry to be so honest about how I see things!).
39
40 This is obviously a missinterpretation of the facts.
43 What people with english mothertonge believe is a courtesy, is usually
44 seen as a underlying attack by Germans. Try to just be direct and there will
45 be less missunderstanding.
46
47 Jörg
50 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin