From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Puzzled about --depclean
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:46:36
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I just ran "emerge -p --depclean" and the only thing it wants to remove is
3 > gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r12. So my system's pretty clean, but I'm quite
4 > puzzled with this result.
5 > I have 5 versions of gentoo-sources installed, and the one it wants to
6 > ditch
7 > is the one I'm actually using. I can understand why it wouldn't care
8 > about
9 > that, but why not:
10 > 2.6.31-r10 which is no longer in the tree
11 > any of the others, which are marked in exactly the same way as the
12 > victim it picked? Some are older, and some are newer than this
13 > victim. What gives?
14 > I'm just wondering about how --depclean picked on this one of the five?
15 >
16 > --
17 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
18
19 Did you emerge them by the exact version at some point? If you emerge
20 the kernel and specify the version, it is recorded in the world file
21 along with the version and --depclean will not remove it since it is
22 specifically listed. I have done this in the past to keep the current
23 running kernel installed and --depclean not wanting to remove it.
24
25 Dale
26