From: Marco <listworks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] URGENT: Dead Keyboard after emerge --update world --deep
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:35:34
1 On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Two questions:
3 >> - Since Xorg is in the default runlevel, how can I boot into gentoo
4 >> without starting X (boot prompt option)?
5 >
6 > Ever notice the "press I for interactive mode" during init? That's how
7 > you can stop it from launching X.
8 >
9 >> - How can I recreate functional modules for mouse and kbd?
10 >
11 > emerge -av $(eix -IC x11-drivers --only-names) or emerge -av $(qlist -I
12 > x11-drivers) will rebuild all the modules.
13
14 That solved the problem! Still a build-error with the nvidia driver
15 though... But at least I can work again now.