From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package Create on remote Host
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:37:02
1 On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 03:30:32 +0200, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > i have a Rootserver with Power. Can i built package on this Host and
4 > send Package to my Notebooks? Can i built Packages on the Root without
5 > local install?
6
7 If you install into a chroot on the server, just like the first steps of
8 the install but never make it the root directory, you can then build
9 binary packages in that chroot. Add buildpkg to FEATURES on the build
10 host and set PKGDIR to somewhere accessible by all machines, say an NFS
11 share.
12
13 On the netbooks, add --usepkg=y to EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in make.conf and
14 set PKGDIR to the same location.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Last yur I kudnt spel modjerater now I are won.