From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Redirecting traffic for a TCP port to another gateway
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 19:37:10
1 On March 28, 2017 9:26:05 PM GMT+02:00, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
2 >Slight Off-topic, but at least the host are Gentoo.
3 >
4 >Is it possible, using iptables or something equivalent, to redirect
5 >traffic to some specific TCP ports to another gateway than the
6 >default-gateway?
7 >
8 >Eg.
9 >
10 >Host 192.168.1.100/24 has a default-gateway of 192.168.1.1
11 >Now I want to send all traffic from this host to destination-tcp-port
12 >80
13 >to gateway 192.168.2.1 instead (the host has a second interface with
14 >the
15 >address 192.168.2.100/24 as well).
16 >I only want the traffic to port 80 to go thru this GW (and then to its
17 >final destination).
18 >And port 80 is just an example, it could be port 12345 as well.
19 >
20 >Is this possible? If yes, any suggestion on how to do it?
21 >
22 >Regards,
23
24 A quick google led to:
25
26 http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/85932/how-can-i-redirect-outbound-traffic-to-port-80-using-iptables-locally
27
28 I am not certain this will correctly work or not. If the other server has a proxy server running, you might need to change its configuration accordingly.
31 Joost
32 --
33 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.