From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to tell portage about manual builds
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:00:31
1 On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:50:40 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > A lot of the bigger packages (qt, mythtv, etc. etc) tend to lock up my
4 > PCs' hard drives while they're emerging. I use FEATURES=keepwork on all
5 > my boxes, and I can usually go
6 > into /var/tmp/portage/<whatever-class>/<whatever-package/work/<whatever-package>
7 > and issue a make and then make install after I reboot the machines.
8 > How can I tell portage that the package is installed in this manner?
9 > That the package is indeed installed?
10
11 By not mixing manual and portage compilation. To resume an emerge after a
12 reboot, do "ebuild /path/to/ebuild merge".
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 All wight - Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?