From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/docutils weird blockage
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 02:43:17
1 On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 06:37:25PM -0400, Ionen Wolkens wrote
2
3 > This is entirely fine to ignore, sphinx is just picky about docutils
4 > version it can use lately. ~arch sphinx is <0.20 and will eventually
5 > block an update for docutils-0.20 like this stable one does for 0.19
6 > (so little meaning in using ~arch sphinx ahead of its stabilization).
7 >
8 > At most only a problem if you actually need 0.19 for something.
9
10 I discovered 2 things today...
11
12 1) "USE=doc" appears to be the default system setting.
13
14 2) Entering "-doc" into the USE line in make.conf allows me to get rid
15 of sphinx entirely.
16
17 Problem solved and 19 modules/binaries removed off the laptop. I call
18 that a win. I've entered "-doc" into the USE line in make.conf on my
19 desktop PC. Next time I "update @world", I'll do the necessary dicking
20 around to get rid of sphinx on my desktop.
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
24 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications