From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] VMware legal question
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:22:17
1 On Friday 10 November 2006 22:29, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > I apologize for the offtopic, but I think my question and especially its
3 > answer would be of interest to other list members. I'm concerned about
4 > this because I'll have to do something similar in the near future and I
5 > don't want to break any laws.
8 > Is it legal to do the following:
9 >
10 > 1) "emerge vmware-workstation"
11 > 2) build some images (within the 30 day trial period)
12 > 3) "emerge -C vmware-workstation" (within the 30 day trial period)
13 > 4) "emerge vmware-player" and use it to play the images created by
14 > vmware-workstation
15
16 You don't need vmware-workstation to build vmware images for vmware player.
17 Sites like http://www.easyvmx.com/ can do it for you within seconds.
20 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list