From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing/upgrading with emerge from non-root
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:22:51
1 On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Kevin Haddock<kevinhaddock@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to do distributed compile with a remote machine that I don't have root password to. I have a local account with sudo permissions and an account of the same name on the remote machine. I have set up ssh so I can shell across without entering passwords nor pass phrases. I have even added my user to the group 'wheel' and given it that group permission to execute all commands. I even went so far as to change all the emerge program files in /usr/lib/portage/bin to have g+x and belong to the group wheel, but it still tells me:
3 >
4 > $ emerge -kuDN world
5 > emerge: superuser access is required.
6 >
7 > Is there any way to do this?
8
9 Are you in the portage group?