From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo uninstallable on this hardware
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:07:15
1 I have had several system crashes trying a gentoo install.
2 These crashes involve the loss of speakup and no capability to resurrect
3 speakup either.
4 Further to that, when the system is shutdown it cannot be restarted
5 without use of the reset button additional to the power button.
6 When I take my finger off the reset button, the fan inside the computer
7 speeds up and the system dies again with the fan turning off.
8 It could be I have hardware problems over here and will have to replace
9 this system soon.
10 Most recent crash happened after opening links on the gentoo page itself.
11 So far, gentoo is the only flavor of linux used around here that crashes
12 my hardware like that. It was suggested the special glue holding the fan
13 to the cpu may have given out and in that case it's time for a new
14 computer.
15
16 In any case, this has been max frustrating.