From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: qemu-kvm black screen and infinite loop on startup
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:41:14
1 On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On 04/06/2011 07:45 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
4 > >
5 > > When I run qemu -no-kvm things work as expected under hardened kernel.
6 > > Using regular kernel (none hardened) qemu works ok.
7 > > So, the problem is running qemu under hardened kernel.
8 > >
9 > > If someone have some input, I'll be happy to hear it.
12 > I am a long-time user of qemu/kvm under hardened. It works off and on.
13 >
14 > I don't have any scientific advice for you, only this: if you ever find
15 > a combination of kernel/qemu that works, *don't change anything*.
16 >
17 > Well, thanks for this advice. hehe
18 I booted a none hardened kernel, and qemu started to work again.
19 So yes, the hardened kernel is to blame.
20 I wonder why qemu have problem with hardened kernel?
21 Maybe some of the hardened devs can pitch in....
22
23 Regards,
24 Kfir